Monday, February 26, 2007

Why I'm Not a Christian

It has nothing to do with Bertrand Russell. I would never say anything like this:
“Every Christian knows that Jesus the son of God and man died and rose again on Easter Sunday,” a New York Archdiocese spokesman, Joseph Zwilling, told The New York Post on Sunday. “No alleged DNA test or Hollywood film is going to change that.”

This is probably widespread already, but I've been under a rock. This fuss over James Cameron's documentary, that supposedly offers DNA and historical evidence that Jesus was mortal, and was married to Mary Magdalene, is going to be a HUGE fight. I'm OK with that.

I'm sure the evidence amounts to nearly nothing. I'm just saying conclusive DNA evidence would persuade me. That guy combined, as things that wouldn't dissuade him from his beliefs, DNA evidence and a Hollywood film. That is crazy.

I'm probably going to watch this stupid documentary. That is, assuming it's on Discovery HD, not just regular Discovery Channel.

No comments: