Monday, March 12, 2007

Frustrated and Pragmatic? or Psycho and Enabling?

I think the former. Tina Johnson, a Marine mother, approaches Congressman David Obey (D-WI), who supports Pelosi's current bill - which Bush will veto anyway.

While the Congressman behaves like an ass, I feel for him. My take is he's frustrated, and trying to do what he can. The guy who claims he submitted the vid to the media, makes some good points, among them:

If you don't have the votes for a war bill, Congressman Obey, you should rewrite the bill. Now, there are two ways to do that. One is to please the Republicans by taking out all the constitutionally questionable benchmark / timetable nonsense that Bush will ignore anyway. The other is to please the progressive Democrats and the American public and write a serious bill that includes Congresswoman Barbara Lee's amendment requiring that all funding go to a withdrawal to be completed by the end of the year.

I hope one of my two friends who will read this will disagree with my sympathy for Obey, and will explain it to me (I'm looking at you Jake...)

Thanks to Video Dog.

No comments: