Wednesday, March 28, 2007

HuffPo links to MetsBlog?

I've been very busy, thus not going through the Google Reader, and not posting.

Catching up today, I found this odd - a MetsBlog blurb mentioning they had been linked to by The Huffington Post. In my (roughly) year of being an intense feed subscriber, that may be the oddest juxtaposition ever. So what could possibly be on MetsBlog that would be newsworthy to HuffPo?
In the last few days, I have been sent several e-mails complaining about the Rudy Giuliani advertisement that frequently appears on MetsBlog.com via Pajamas Media (PJM).

For what it’s worth, I do not purchase the ads. I rent all graphical ad space to PJM, who, in turn, sell it to whomever they choose, be it Sony, Rudy, Target, or another company, candidate or interested party. Therefore, you can refrain from harassing me via e-mail, or in the comments section, since I did not recruit, sell or post the ad myself. Also, if you have a problem with Giuliani's past policies, I suggest you e-mail him, or his campaign, since there is not a whole lot I can do about what he once did, or did not do, while serving the people of New York.

The HuffPo post, which just copies the above text, used a title which is flat-out wrong. The ad was not removed by Matthew Cerrone. But he did ask Pajamas Media to remove ALL campaign ads (not just the Giuliani one).

I don't see any political ads there right now. Hopefully, Pajamas Media complied. It would be great to be get my updates on Lastings Milledge without worrying about the political ramifications.

Note: He hurt his hand! May cost him the roster spot he deserves.

No comments: